Saturday, August 27, 2011

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Book: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
# of Pages: 234 (Paperback)
Rating: 4.5 stars
                                                             Goodreads Summary:
What if you had everything:
                                                                                                         A gorgeous boyfriend who was madly in love with you? Quirky hip parents who totally got you? A musical talent that could take you anywhere? What if your biggest problem in life was choosing which path to take? Follow your first love--music-- to New York City? Or stay with your boyfriend, friends, and family?

What if one day, you went out for a drive...

And in an instant everything changed?

What if suddenly all the other choices were gone?

Except for one--the only one that truly mattered?

What would you do? 

                                                                                                                               My Thoughts: There is only one word that comes to mind to describe this book…beautiful. The story is beautiful. The writing is beautiful. There is just no other word for it.
                                                                            
One of the things that I loved about this book is how it did not just focus on Mia's relationship with Adam. Mia's flashbacks covered all the aspects in her life family, her best friend, Adam, music, her future. I thought it was pretty cool that Mia and her family were all musically talented. In fact, I actually felt a little jealous and guilty that I don't play an instrument. I tried to learn how to play the acoustic  guitar a few years ago, but I just didn't have the patience. Now my guitar is sitting in the corner collecting dust and waiting for me to pick it up again.

Anyway, this was a quick, compelling, and moving read that will stay with you well after you have finished it. I am really looking forward to reading Where She Went, which should be arriving sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment