Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins

Books: The Hunger Games Series
Author: Suzanne Collins
Rating: 5 stars

I actually liked this series a lot more than I thought I would. Though there were so many people saying how great it was, there were also some who said it was not worth reading. That coupled with what people were saying about how they did not like the ending of Mockingjay made me not want to read the series. But, after much  begging from my mom's friend, I finally caved and agreed to read the books.

These books were awesome! Katniss was an amazing protagonist. She was smart, strong, and resourceful. Both Peeta and Gale were caring loyal friends who did whatever they could to help her. But, I'd have to say I'm Team Peeta. The arenas in which the Hunger Games were played were both very intriguing, especially the one in Catching Fire. And though the beginning of Mockingjay dragged a little, I really liked the ending.

One of the things that really impressed me was the greatness of Catching Fire. Usually the second book in a series is a letdown compared to the first book. But Catching Fire is my favorite of the three books.

I do wish we could have gotten a better idea of what Katniss and Gale's relationship was like in the first book. There are maybe three scenes with Gale before Katniss is sent off to the Capitol. I also wish we knew what happened to Haymitch at the end of the series.

Overall, I really liked this series and am so glad that I finally read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment