Friday, April 19, 2013

With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent

Book: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7)
Author: Rachel Vincent
# of Pages: 294 (ebook)
Challenge: 2013 Ebook Challenge
Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:
What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....


My Thoughts:
I only started reading this series last year and I have enjoyed every single page of it.

In the final book of the Soul Screamers series, tension is high as Kaylee and her friends try to figure out how to stop the Hellions from interfering in their lives. It was dark, especially with the Hellion of Wrath who is introduced. He is unlike the rest of the Hellions. I found him to be very interesting, yet extremely creepy. As for the ending, I absolutely loved it, but it is sad that the series is over.

I did question some of Kaylee's actions at first, but overall she impressed me with her display of bravery and cleverness. As always I thought Tod was beyond awesome. And though I have had mixed feelings about Nash throughout the series, I can say now after reading With All My Soul, that I have come to really like him.

Overall, this was a fantastic ending to one of my favorite series. Although I'm sad that it's over, I will definitely be going back to read it again. I will also be checking out Rachel Vincent's other series. If you haven't read this series yet, then I highly recommend that you do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment