Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Book: Beautiful Creatures (Castor Chronicles #1)
Author: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
# of Pages: 387 (ebook)
Challenge: 2013 Ebook Challenge, 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
Rating: 5 stars

From Goodreads:
This edition features exclusive movie cover art!
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


My Thoughts:
What a fantastic book! I was not sure if I would like this book. But as the movie is coming out soon and I have had it on my nook for over a year now, I could not put it off any longer. And, I have to say that I was very impressed.

I really like that Beautiful Creatures was set in a southern town. More YA books need to be set in the South! Apart from that, I loved the characters. Ethan is kind and daring. Lena is stronger than she gives herself credit for. And Link is funny and such a good friend to both of them.

This book was full of mystery, humor, and romance. I also enjoyed the historical aspect of it. There were a few unexpected twists that left me wanting to read more.

Overall, Beautiful Creatures was an addictive, enjoyable read, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment