Thursday, January 2, 2014

Poison Dance: A Novella by Livia Blackburne

Book: Poison Dance: A Novella (Midnight Thief #0.5)
Author: Livia Blackburne
# of Pages: 54
Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:
James is skilled, efficient, and deadly, a hired blade navigating the shifting alliances of a deteriorating Assassin’s Guild. Then he meets Thalia, an alluring but troubled dancing girl who offers him a way out—if he’ll help her kill a powerful nobleman. With the Guild falling apart, it just might be worth the risk. But when you live, breathe, and love in a world that’s forever flirting with death, the slightest misstep can be poison. Poison dance is approximately 14,000 words, or 54 printed pages.

My Thoughts:

A big thank you to Livia Blackburne for sending me a copy of this novella.

I enjoyed everything about this novella.

Blackburne's writing style is captivating. I really did not want the story to end. The characters were very well developed. I was impressed by how well I got to know them in such a short time. I was intrigued by the world and can't wait to see more of it in Midnight Thief.

Overall, this was a very quick, addictive read full of action, mystery, and a little romance. It is one novella that is definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment