Friday, July 15, 2011

HARRY POTTER

In honor of the release of the 8th and final installment of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, I have decided to make an HP post.

So, first up, my top 7 favorite HP characters:

  1. Neville Longbottom: Though he is not part of the main trio, I love how Neville goes from an accident-prone jinx to a fearless leader.
  2. Minerva McGonagall: Though she is stern, Minerva is a strong, respectable woman who never lets anything or anyone stand in her way. 
  3. The Weasley Family: Yes, I know this is 9 characters instead of 1, but this family is awesome! They are funny, strong-willed, and stand up for each other.
  4. Hagrid: Who doesn't love Hagrid? Though he does have a love of dangerous creatures, Hagrid is a loving compassionate person who almost always has a smile on his face.
  5. Luna Lovegood: Yes, Luna is a bit different, but she is a good friend and always keeps things interesting.
  6. Nymphadora Tonks: Not only is Tonks an Auror, but she is also a Metamorphmagus. I'd love to be able to change my appearance sometimes.
  7. Dobby: Dobby is a brave and loyal friend. He would do anything for Harry. And though things don't turn out perfectly, we will always remember Dobby as a free elf.
My top 7 HP character portrayals:

Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood
Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
Alan Rickman as Severus Snape
Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestr


Dame Maggie Smith as Minerva McGonagall







Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid

















I could not have picked 7 better actors/actresses to play these roles. Their portrayal of the characters was, for lack of a better word, brilliant.

The 8th and final movie is finally out and I highly recommend seeing it. I thought it was amazing and will definitely be going to see it again.


Long live Harry Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment