Monday, May 18, 2015

Mini Reviews: Cinder & Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Books: Cinder & Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles 1 & 2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Challenge: 2015 TBR Reading Challenge



My Thoughts: I was a bit hesitant at first to read this book, but after starting it, I could not put it down. I really liked the sci-fi aspect of the story, though I would have liked more details on how a colony came to settle on the moon. Cinder is a very likable protagonist. She is clever, a good friend, and a caring step sister. And I couldn't help but love Prince Kai. I was a bit disappointed by how I was able to predict the big twist fairly early on in the story. Otherwise, I found this book to be very entertaining.

Rating: 4 stars



My Thoughts: After reading Cinder and hearing so many people say how much better this book was, I had some pretty high expectations going into this book. Alas, I did not care for it that much. For starters, the book dragged. I almost stopped reading it halfway through. Scarlet got on my nerves. She was gullible, reckless, and never thought things through. I just flat-out hated Wolf. How Scarlet suddenly falls for him after she finds out he's been lying to her is just so unbelievable. The only parts of the book I liked were those from the perspectives of Cinder, Kai, and Carswell. I honestly wish the book had been just about them.

Rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment