Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

Book: The Casual Vacancy
Author: J.K. Rowling
Release Date: September 27

Goodreads Summary
When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity, and unexpected revelations?

A big novel about a small town, The Casual Vacancy is J. K. Rowling’s first novel for adults. It is the work of a storyteller like no other.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. I'm very curious about her first adult novel, but I'm a little apprehensive because I love Harry Potter so much. It's so different and I'm not sure if it is something I'd enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo excited for this book! I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, so I'm thrilled that Rowling is writing again! I'm curious to see how this story unfolds, so absolutely fantastic pick this week Susanne! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice, looks awesome. Love the blog and followed on GFC and NB.

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so when I saw the cover I kind of thought. Eh is that it. It will be interesting to read an adult novel from her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, great blog! I'm a new follower and would love a follow back!

    Candace

    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm the only person on the earth that isn't really excited for this book. I actually don't think it sounds interesting at all. But I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

    I also wanted to let you know that we tagged you for the Liebster Award. Check out our blog for more information.

    Angela from Reads to Reels :)

    ReplyDelete