Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

Book: Spark (Elementals #2)
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Release Date: August 28

Goodreads Summary
Gabriel Merrick plays with fire. Literally.

Sometimes he can even control it. And sometimes he can’t. Like the fire that killed his parents.

Gabriel has always had his brothers to rely on, especially his twin, Nick. But when an arsonist starts wreaking havoc on their town, all the signs point to Gabriel. Only he’s not doing it.

More than Gabriel’s pride is at stake -- this could cost him his family, maybe his life. And no one seems to hear him. Except a shy sophomore named Layne, a brainiac who dresses in turtlenecks and jeans and keeps him totally off balance. Layne understands family problems, and she understands secrets. She has a few of her own.

Gabriel can’t let her guess about his brothers, about his abilities, about the danger that’s right at his heels. But there are some risks he can’t help taking.

The fuse is lit…

I loved the first book in the series, and I can't wait for this one! So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday?

9 comments:

  1. I've heard many good things about this series. I'm looking forward to read this series soon. Great pick! ;D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series but def interested in them. Great pick. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also heard many good things about this series! I need to get started on it.

    - New follower

    See my Waiting on Wednesday Here
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds very entertaining. Great choice!

    Read my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good pick, enjoy!

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the first book yet, but they caught my attention after reading some enthusiastic reviews.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13-adrienne-stoltz.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! This does sound interesting. Great choice!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the cover for this series! And I'm looking forward to reading Storm soon. Great pick Susanne!

    Thanks for stopping by. :)
    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete