Friday, September 30, 2011

Jellicoe Road by Melina MarchettaB

Book: Jellicoe Road
Author: Melina Marchetta
# of Pages: 419 (Paperback)
Rating: 5 stars

From the back of the book:
At age eleven, Taylor Markham was abandoned by her mother. At fourteen, she ran away from boarding school, only to be tracked down and brought back by a mysterious stranger. Now seventeen, Taylor's the reluctant leader of her school's underground community, whose annual territory war with the Townies and visiting Cadets has just begun. This year, though, the Cadets are led by Jonah Griggs, and Taylor can't avoid his intense gaze for long. To make matters worse, Hannah, the one adult Taylor trusts, has disappeared. But if Taylor can piece together the clues Hannah left behind, the truth she uncovers might not just settle her past, but also change her future.

My Thoughts: In this story, we follow Taylor as she discovers who she is as she leads her school in the territory wars. Along the way, friendships are developed, secrets are revealed, and romance becomes unavoidable. This is my new favorite book! I kick myself for not reading it sooner. There are so many things I loved about it. The two story lines, the amazing characters, the concept of the territory wars. I now understand why everyone recommends this book. With its elements of family, friendship, mystery, and romance, it is hard not to love it. And, even though I only read it a couple weeks ago, I really want to read it again. So, if you have not read it yet, you really should!

No comments:

Post a Comment