Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

Book: Try Not To Breathe
Author: Jennifer R. Hubbard
Release Date: January 19

Goodreads Summary:
Learning to live is more than just choosing not to die, as sixteen-year-old Ryan discovers in the year following his suicide attempt. Despite his mother’s anxious hovering and the rumors at school, he’s trying to forget the darkness from which he has escaped. But it doesn’t help that he’s still hiding guilty secrets, or that he longs for a girl who may not return his feelings. Then he befriends Nicki, who is using psychics to seek contact with her dead father. This unlikely friendship thaws Ryan to the point where he can face the worst in himself. He and Nicki confide in one another the things they never thought they’d tell anyone—but their confessions are trickier than they seem, and the fallout tests the bound of friendship and forgiveness.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

12 comments:

  1. Oh. I haven't heard of this book. It sounds interesting. Fantastic cover. Thank you for sharing! Great pick!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I both hate and love books like these. They make me get all philosophical about life and love, tug at the heart strings and sometimes tear my heart out right from them, and make me incredibly sad. Bittersweet. Still, I find myself unreasonably attracted to it :D

    Have a happy reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely have my eye on this one as well it sounds incredible!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing this around and it seems like a really great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a captivating read, great pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting. I hadn't heard of that book before. I'll have to check it out when it comes out. Great pick.
    Em
    My WOW
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds pretty good, this author last book - The Secret Year - has also gotten a lot of attention. New Follower! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good pick - this book sounds really good!! New follower :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. It looks like a deep interesting good read. Thanks for stopping by my WoW. =]

    -Michael
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just added this to by TBR pile! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a new follower, so hi! Love the sound of this. I hadn't heard of it so thank you for introducing me to it. I'll be putting it on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete