Thursday, February 28, 2013

Update

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posts. I've been dealing with a lot of stuff lately.

In July, I had an MRI because I was having these weird tingling sensations going down my arm. It showed that I had four little tumors. Two on my brain and two on my spinal cord. No worries, they were all benign meningiomas, tumors that form on the meninges. So within days of the MRI, I had brain surgery to get rid of the bigger brain tumor. I had the worst headaches every day for several weeks afterward.

In August, I had two surgeries, within a day of each other, to remove the tumors on my spine. My doctor had me up and walking 24 hours after the second surgery and OMG was that painful! He'd had to cut through my neck and shoulder muscles twice to perform the surgeries. I couldn't stand up by myself for over a month. It had been one of these tumors pressing against my spinal cord that had caused the tingling in my arm.

So, I've slowly been recovering. The headaches have decreased and now I'm doing physical therapy for my neck, shoulders, and back and it is helping tremendously. I also have to take meds for nerve pain and seizures. As for the second brain tumor, it will be taken care of via Gamma Knife. It's a very precise form of radiation. I will have it done sometime next month. And thankfully I can go home afterward!

I'm nervous about the Gamma Knife treatment, but I can't wait to finally be done with all of this. I hope everyone is having a great week. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment